‘Do something you love and never work another day in your life’. We’ve all heard this quote but it’s easier said than done…or is it?
An important factor in being able to do work that you love and excel at, is to pay attention to any red flags about the job, environment, and people – BEFORE you commit to the job.
- Rationalizing the location, pay, commute, or other factors that aren’t what you need or want
- Sensing that you can’t trust the interviewer
- There is no written job description
- Feeling that you aren’t being listened to
- A clear path forward to advancement is non-existent
- Responses to your questions are vague
- Employees you encounter look sullen or are unfriendly
This list is not exhaustive. You may be able to recall other ‘red flags’ you’ve experienced, warning you that you could be entering a ‘negative work zone.’
Working with Marilyn can help change your employment perspective and get you ‘un-stuck’ in your career. A client who’s worked with Marilyn and is now in a healthy work environment, shares a testimonial:
“Thank you for all you’ve done for me! I am doing really well at this new job and I am enjoying it. Everyone here is nice and respectful and this feels like a fun and safe work environment. Thank you for all the work you did with me!” – S.D.
If you’d like to move your career forward, call or email Marilyn today!
TO SCHEDULE A COMPLIMENTARY 10-MINUTE INTRODUCTORY MEETING OR YOUR FULL 45-MINUTE CONSULTATION CONTACT MARILYN AT 847-831-0079 OR AT: MARILYN@FETTNERCOUNSELING.COM