We live in a world of non-stop sound bites — 24/7 news, emails, and texts, bombarding you with information overload every single day.
- Not to mention career issues, job stress, and/or work demands of your boss, customers, and co-workers.
- You may also be facing personal stress with problems or conflicts with your friends, kids, in-laws, parents, spouse, or significant other.
Sometimes it can feel challenging not to snap, react out of anger, or allow the stress to put you in a bad mood. Some people react to stress overload by withdrawing and wanting to sleep excessively, while others may find it hard to sleep, eat, or focus.
Although you may not know your stress triggers, what matters most is to take these 2 important steps:
- 1st — identify if you have stress overload and
- 2nd — take action to mitigate the situation and your reaction to it, BEFORE stress gets in the way of your job, health, or relationships.
If you’ve experienced any of the 8 signs on this list, you may have stress overload and can benefit from professional coaching or counseling:
- Frequent irritability
- Often quick to get angry
- Overwhelmed by daily tasks, more days than not
- Stress or worry that feels out of your control
- Extended periods of fatigue, lack of motivation, apathy
- Changes in sleep that persist: difficulty sleeping or excessive sleep
- Changes in eating that persist: loss of appetite or excessive eating
- Extended periods of difficulty focusing or concentrating
With the stresses you face every day, a professional who truly listens, objectively, to what you’re experiencing, without judgment, and offers helpful strategies, can make the difference — between staying stuck and moving forward.
Get yourself back on track and focused, by understanding how stress triggers may be affecting you, how to feel better, and how to move forward — with your work and relationships that are important to you. Contact Marilyn today.
*Note, always check any new/unusual symptoms with your physician. If you have an emergency, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency center.
TO SCHEDULE A COMPLIMENTARY 10-MINUTE INTRODUCTORY MEETING OR YOUR FULL 45-MINUTE CONSULTATION CONTACT MARILYN AT 847-831-0079 OR AT: MARILYN@FETTNERCOUNSELING.COM