Live the Life You Want
When can life coaching for change be helpful?
Many people, who usually navigate life’s ups and downs successfully, can occasionally get stuck in a “pothole.” This can happen when a difficult life situation or transition occurs, making it hard to keep your healthy life balance.
At times like this, a professional who will truly listen to what you are experiencing and feeling can make the difference between staying stuck and moving forward with how you want your life to be.
Talking about what’s on your mind can reduce anxiety and increase your positive energy for creative thinking and problem-solving processes. New possibilities for solutions or change can emerge, and you can become empowered to regain your life balance.
Examples of areas for personal change:
- Are you feeling lonely or disconnected? You want to end the loneliness and create meaningful relationships…or maybe you simply want strategies for getting along better with the people in your life.
- You’re struggling to survive the chaos of an unstable workplace. If you’ve lost your job or are one of the “working worried,” you need coping skills to handle the anxiety and job search skills for new opportunities.
- Perhaps you’re involved in a complex family business. You need to make a change to improve your position, relationships, or your life.
- You’re struggling with a stressful life change, such as the loss of a relationship, a loved one, or a job. You want to rediscover how to find joy in your life and move forward.
- Is worry about your children keeping you up at night? You need more effective strategies to help guide them socially and academically -- and to make good decisions.
- You’re trying to cope with multi-cultural, LGBT, or related issues affecting your relationships or career. You want new options for handling challenging situations, while also achieving the success you deserve.
- As a single-parent, dual-career couple, or a single woman or man, resolving the conflict between career success and a satisfying personal life seems unachievable. You’re striving for balance in all areas of your life that are important to you.
- Has a life transition, such as a birth, marriage, relocation, or job change, created confusing changes? You want to better understand the implications of the transition and handle the change more comfortably.
- You or your adolescent/young adult is dealing with changes brought about by transition to college. You want to guide your child in their new independence by helping them understand the importance of healthy choices.
- Are you trying to cope with the stress and demands of caring for someone who is ill? You need a way to ensure their care -- and also take care of yourself.
- Maybe you’ve had a negative work experience…your confidence and optimism have taken a beating. You want to regain the self-esteem and hopefulness you once had -- and rebuild your career.
- Are you burned out from dealing with a high-stress work situation or an impossible workplace relationship? You crave work-life balance and a solution for the difficult relationship.
- You have a particular challenge, such as AD/HD, or organizational or learning differences, which creates challenges to your career success. You want to identify a “good-fit” career, learn strategies for success…and reach your potential.
There are a variety of situations, in which life coaching for change can make a difference -- to help you live life in the way you want.
Perhaps, you simply need someone to listen. I offer compassion and empathy, with an approach that focuses on your strengths and new possibilities.