Meet Marilyn Fettner
Philosophy and Approach
I realize that your decision to work with a career specialist is important and worthy of careful consideration. I believe it's essential to work with someone who has professional credentials and is a person with whom you can have a comfortable relationship. My procedure is to customize the process so that it fits your personal style, timeframe and scheduling needs. Throughout our work together, I will seek to ensure that we are focused on your most important needs and goals.
Marilyn helps people live the life they want, by applying her unique experience and training of a certified Master Career Development Professional, National Certified Counselor and a Licensed Professional Counselor. Marilyn has devoted 20 years to coaching people in their professional development and to achieve "career-life" happiness.
She knows what it takes to start careers, get promoted, begin and grow businesses, retool careers for economic change, life transitions and varied lifestyles. Marilyn's coaching specializations include:
- Life transitions
- Career decision-making and change
- Job search strategies, results-networking, marketing and branding campaigns
- College decision-making and educational planning
- Transition from college to launching a career
- Executive coaching and leadership development
- Entrepreneurship coaching and business building
- Workplace and interpersonal relationships
- Helping people turn passions into fulfilling careers
- Work-life balance
- Re-entry into the workplace
Marilyn works with all ages - from high school/college to "un-retired" professionals. She also works with all professions - from writers and designers to CFOs, CEOs, IT/engineers, attorneys, sales/marketing specialists and academics. Marilyn also has expertise in the career needs of people with AD/HD and learning differences.
Marilyn knows what works and what doesn't. Work with the best.
- Published in Today's Chicago Woman Magazine
- Guest career consultant on Fox TV's Good Day Chicago and NBC TV's Starting Over.
- Quoted in Crain's Chicago Business, the Chicago Tribune's Employment Outlook and the American Counseling Association's Counseling Today.
- Listed in "Who's Who of American Women."
- Prior experience includes: Director of Training for McCormick Place/Navy Pier, Manager for Coldwell Banker, and Director of Professional Development for the North Shore Board. Marilyn has also been a recruiter, corporate training consultant, published freelance writer and teacher.
- M.S. in Counseling; M.A. in Human Resource Development; B.A. in Education.
- National Certified Counselor, National Board for Certified Counselors.
- Certified Affiliate, Highlands Ability Battery
- Illinois Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor.
- Current Certifications: Master Career Development Professional, National Career Development Association; Advanced Facilitation Certificate for Training & Development, University of Chicago Graduate School; Certified Practitioner for Myers-Briggs Type Indicator personality assessment, Center for Applications of Psychological Type.
- Prior Certifications: Certified Associate for the global career firm of Lee Hecht Harrison; Certified Leadership Coaching Instructor for Achieve Global.
National Career Development Association, American Counseling Association, Illinois Association of College Admissions Counselors, Higher Education Consultants Association, Northern Illinois Society for Human Resource Management, Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Illinois Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development.