Resumes That Get Results
DO YOU NEED A RESUME or cover letter THAT GETS RESULTS?
- Are you submitting resumes but not getting interviews?
- Perhaps you're a top executive and you want a custom-designed resume geared toward C-Level and/or six-figure positions.
- If it's been "years" since you've revised your resume, it's a good idea to be ready with an updated version for new opportunities that could come your way.
- Maybe you're a new entrepreneur and require a "company handbill," rather than a traditional resume.
- As a student, you need a dynamic "Resume of Achievements" to get into the top schools of your choice.
- If you're a new grad, you'll want a resume that blends your part-time and/or volunteer experience with your educational accomplishments.
- Maybe you've been in your job for a long time and now have an interview for a new opportunity. You require an updated resume that includes your recent experience.
- If you're a "seasoned" candidate, you'll want a resume that highlights your achievements, without dating you.
- Are you're re-entering the job market after an absence and want a resume that deals with the gap in a positive way?
- Have you tried writing your own resume but can't make any headway?
Fettner Career Consulting specializes in RESUMES THAT GET RESULTS for every profession. We accomplish this by:
- Reviewing information about your particular profession and/or industry.
- Understanding your unique achievements.
- Gaining knowledge about the type of position and employers you are targeting.
RESUMES THAT GET RESULTS:
- Use a strategy that blends information about key qualifications of your targeted position(s) with the results of your accomplishments.
- Are written concisely so that key qualifiers jump out at recruiters.
- Show a progressive work history.
- Are devoid of irrelevant information and contain ample white space for quick readability.
- Effectively handle special situations, such as employment gaps, an excessive number of jobs, or a career change.
- Are designed with a format that best showcases your most impressive accomplishments.
- Are no longer than two pages, with the exception of curricula vitae for candidates in academia or similar scholarly professions.
- Include dynamic verbs and industry "buzz words" to describe your achievements, so recruiters can easily recognize a match with their requirements.
- Are designed with your competition in mind.
COVER LETTERS THAT GET RESULTS:
- Are no longer than one page.
- Refer to the position for which you're applying.
- Are written concisely with sufficient white space for easy reading.
- Contain only highlights of your most attention-getting work history, which match key requirements for the position.
- Show that you're knowledgeable about the company.
- Briefly refer to special circumstances, such as a desire to relocate.
- Use a template that's customized for each employer.
- Are grammatically correct with accurate spelling and a logical information flow.
- Create interest so the recruiter will want to call you!
OUR QUALIFICATIONS AS RESUME WRITERS:
- Marilyn Fettner, M.A., M.S., MCDP, LPC:
- Is certified as a Master Career Development Professional by the National Career Development Association.
- Has been a career specialist for over 12 years, with hundreds of highly satisfied clients.
- Has earned a Certified Associate designation from Lee Hecht Harrison (LHH), a leading global career management firm, and was a career consultant with LHH for over 6 years.
- Has worked as a recruiter.
- Has an extensive writing background and has been a published freelance writer.
- Has received consistently excellent feedback on resumes from recruiters and employers.
- Engages resume writing staff who are experienced writers, have participated in her resume writing training program, and meet her high-quality standards.
OUR PERSONALIZED APPROACH:
- We customize resumes for the goals and achievements of each individual client.
- We also recognize that each candidate has special attributes that employers want to know. Therefore, we don't use a "cookie-cutter" approach.
- For this reason, the fee is commensurate with the work involved. This ensures that you receive a fair fee and a top-quality resume.
- Fees are based upon factors, such as:
- Whether the writing is a revision of an existing resume or a creation of a new resume. (If it's a revision, we request that the existing resume be emailed to us.)
- The complexity of your employment background and your goals for your resume.
DO YOU WANT A QUOTE?
- If you want your resume targeted to a particular type of position, please provide a sample job posting that represents the type of position you want. Indicate the qualifications that you match on the posting and provide additional relevant skills and competencies.
- If you want a resume revision, please email your current resume with a description of the changes you desire. (If you're unable to email your resume, please call and then fax it to the number you'll be given.) If the above bullet also applies, please provide the requested information.
- Please include the date by which you need your resume.
- Please email your information to Marilyn@FettnerCareerConsulting.com.
- If we need more information than what you submit, we will email a questionnaire for you to complete. This ensures that we'll have complete information to provide you with an accurate quote.
- If you agree to the quote, it will stand as the agreed-upon fee, unless substantial changes in amount or substance of content occur after the quote had been provided.
JOB SEARCH - QUICK TIPS
As you probably know, a successful search includes a strategy and a plan, with multiple techniques for your job search.
- Surveys continue to show that only 2% - 10% of positions are obtained from online submissions alone.
- Besides having a dynamic resume and cover letter, targeted networking (online and in-person) is a must in any employment market.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
- Please refer to Reach Your Potential - Career Coaching on our website for additional tips on job search, marketing plans, targeted networking and more.
QUESTIONS OR WANT TO GET STARTED? Contact Marilyn Fettner at (847) 831-0079 or Marilyn@FettnerCareerConsulting.com