- Are you shy and self-conscious in social situations?
- Do you feel isolated and lonely, but are unsure how to connect with others?
- You may feel like you’re the only one, but the truth is that lots of people struggle with shyness, social awkwardness, or insecurity.
It’s no secret that many social situations can be uncomfortable. But many times, fear can limit or block the ability to connect with people. This can happen in romantic relationships, casual socializing, and friendships. It can also be a problem in workplace relationships, which could negatively impact your career.
Check out these 5 signs you may be feeling shy in social situations:
- You always have an exit strategy
- You wish you could make conversation flow
- You’re unsure of what to do on romantic dates
- Networking sounds like a nightmare
- You have a different impact on people than you intended to have
- No matter how awkward or nervous you feel in the company of others, you CAN learn to silence self-critical thoughts, boost your self-esteem, and become more confident and skilled in your interactions with others.
- You don’t have to change your personality, but by learning new social and communication skills, and adopting a different outlook — you can overcome your fears and build rewarding relationships. Marilyn will work collaboratively with you, at your own pace, in a step-by-step approach — to build your skills and improve your confidence to create satisfying connections.
TO SCHEDULE A COMPLIMENTARY 10-MINUTE INTRODUCTORY MEETING OR YOUR FULL 45-MINUTE CONSULTATION CONTACT MARILYN AT 847-831-0079 OR AT: MARILYN@FETTNERCOUNSELING.COM